is Sam Kurtz and Bernadette Kaeding (and young son Raj), a family run micro winery and the home of Red Art single vineyard wine. Sam, a sixth generation Barossan with a continual family history in grape growing and winemaking back to the 1840s, has been making wine a long time. 2020 saw his 34th vintage. Bernie has been in the Barossa since 1996 when she started working with wine. Our combined over 50 years of experience (!) is evident in the quality of our handmade wine.
Our 5ha vineyard in the Ebenezer sub-region is a fantastic site for red grape growing. The dry grown Grenache vines, planted in 1886, are specifically a testament to that. We handcraft our wine on site using the best open fermenters, basket pressing, wild yeast, barrel ageing on yeast lees and whole bunch ferment. We create wine with restrained use of oak that is true to its single vineyard origins.
We are both creative people, and Bernie is also a photographer and internationally awarded author. You can see her art displayed around the winery.
We are proud to have won many awards, including;
National Wine Show of Australia
Trophy ‘The Red Wine of Provenance Trophy’ 2017, for Red Art Shiraz vintages 2016, 2010 & 2006;
Barossa Wine Show
- Trophy ‘The Most Successful Exhibitor Small Producer’ 2020
- Trophy ‘The Most Successful Exhibitor Small Producer’ 2017
- Trophy ‘The Most Outstanding Single Vineyard Wine Trophy’ 2012 for the Red Art Shiraz 2010
- Trophy ‘The Most Outstanding Wine Small Producer Trophy’ 2012 for the Red Art Shiraz 2010
- Top 10 Best New Wineries James Halliday Wine Companion 2014.
Producer’s Licence 50816469
More Products from Rojomoma
Sorry no more offers available